The largest single reason for my turning off the phones and going to a website is this. 90% of all emails and phone calls come from 10% of my patients. Charging small amounts for emails and nothing at all for letters, FMLA, Prior authorizations has caused a huge rise in staff costs.
From here forward, EVERY EMAIL will be charged and charged more than in the past. THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK! Plan ahead. I have patients who type a line, hit send, then write a line and hit send from their phone and I get 5 emails in two minutes. This charge is now automatic. Plan ahead.
I expect that this will reduce email load for me from 3 hours a day to one hour, and make 90% of you get faster responses and 10% of the people disappointed.
To assist you in making good decisions, use the following guidelines:
- Who are you? Put your name as it is in my chart! I can’t pull a chart on abc123XYZ@gmail.com
- Name medications, list symptoms, use times and dates, include documents at the time of the email.
- State clearly ONE AT A TIME, what you want. Renewal, lab slip, treatment, information, etc.
- If you’re pharmacist is sending a refill request and you email a request, you will get it twice and be billed twice.
- Include the fax number for your pharmacy, lab or other facility that you want us to communicate with. If you don’t, it goes in the snail mail.
- Don’t send an email in two hours asking if the first email arrived. They ALL arrive.
- New patients should use the New Patient button on the home page.
email@example.com is for New patients, existing patient medical questions, lab slip requests, requests for records by mail.
firstname.lastname@example.org is for record requests from other facilities (attach the signed HIPPA form on Home page), Prior authorizations, questions about pending labs, and pending scripts, and billing issues.
email@example.com is for appointment cancellations, issues with desk sale of supplements, website issues, BWC appointments (they are not made on the website), and miscellaneous items.
firstname.lastname@example.org should be used for Jan Meier and Associates questions.
If you don’t email, life will be slow. Mail us via letter, or Fax us at 419.874.3512